Why Banner Health Network?
- Local Administration: Banner Health Network’s leadership and operations are based in Arizona, for Arizona. Our focus is Arizona physicians and patients.
- Size and Scope: Banner Health Network delivers more than 245,000 covered lives, a number that is growing steadily each year. Value-based care is a central focus for Banner Health and BHN. We have accumulated the membership necessary, in the government and commercial sectors, to enable us to achieve economies of scale in our work.
- Reputation for Quality and Consistency: Banner is nationally-recognized for consistent quality and a strong medical staff. We also have geographic coverage throughout Maricopa County and into Pinal County. We are a preferred delivery system in the market.
- Fiscal Strength and Established Infrastructure: As the largest healthcare provider in Arizona, and one of the largest non-profit health care systems in the country, we have built the financial strength to be able to invest appropriately in the infrastructure that will make value-based care models work, including information technology, analytics, case management and more.
- Choose a Pioneer: BHN has been the only Medicare Pioneer ACO to deliver shared savings in Arizona to date, and was a top performer nationally. We were one of only 32 organizations nationally to be initially selected in a competitive bid process by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid because of our experience, structure and commitment to value-based care.
- Seasoned Experience: Banner has successfully managed risk for more than 20 years, including commercial plans, our own Medicare Advantage plan, and our self-insured employee plan. The model may be new to some, but we are well acquainted with the tenets of highly coordinated care. We have a demonstrated history of rewarding physicians for their participation in new models of care.
- Opportunity for Influence: We want to be better all the time. Physicians have a strong voice in development and implementation as we work to transform how clinical care is provided in this community, and in our country as a whole. Thirteen of 18 Banner Health Network Board Members are physicians, including three of four Board Officers.
How can providers participate in Banner Health Network?
Providers must be a credentialed member of one of the networks that participate with Banner Health Network – Arizona Integrated Physicians, Banner Physician Hospital Organization or Banner Medical Group. This provides both employed and independent models for physicians. Banner Health Network has a variety of contracting opportunities including commercial and government payers. Choose the plans that make the most sense for your practice.
Do you have questions about Banner Health Network and Accountable Care Organizations?
Please contact Provider Experience Center so we may provide the answers you need.
Reach the Provider Experience Center at
or call (480) 684-7070 or (800) 827-2464 and choose option 4.
Monday-Friday, from 7 am to 6 pm.
For additional information on ACOs, you can visit www.medicare.gov/acos.html or call 1-800 MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.