The importance of lab results
Lab tests help us to better care for you
More than 70 percent of all health care decisions are directly influenced by laboratory tests. You play an important role in making sure lab findings are accurate. Getting guidance from your health care provider in advance will allow for high quality, reliable results.
Questions to ask your health care provider before a lab test:
- Why is the lab test being ordered?
- How soon do I need to get the lab test?
- Will I need to fast (avoiding food and drink at least eight hours) prior to the test?
- Does the test need to be scheduled at a certain time of day for the best results?
- Do my current medications need to be adjusted before the test? Are there any I should not take?
Our partner in care:
Take your lab testing seriously, and you’ll be giving your medical team valuable information about how to best care for you. We want to be your partner in better health.